Monday 2 December 2013

I forgot to tell you about my night out in Manchester!  It served as a reminder to me of why I don't go out in Manchester!  That's not as bad as it sounds.  I'd love to go out in Manchester more, but public transport from where I live into Manchester is difficult, mostly time consuming!  So I either stay in Manchester or drive.  I don't usually mind driving, but on this occasion I got stuck on the M602 for 40 minutes as it was closed whilst an accident was recovered!  This does seem to happen often.  Then I went round in circles looking for a parking space.  Finally parked in a dodgy looking underground car park, which turned out to be fine and really convenient!  Not free like on street parking is after 8pm though.  C'est la vie!
So, walked in 40 minutes late, there were 5 people already there.  3 guys on one side of the table and 2 girls on the other.  I took my seat opposite a guy I'd never seen before, and was chatting away to everyone,   when I was tapped on the shoulder by BBE's brother!  He was there with his wife and the little flowers (their 2 daughters).  Serendipity!  We had an impromptu and all too brief catch up.  Lovely.

I'd only made the effort to go out because people from work were going to a restaurant serving East Asian cuisine which I love! Tampopo.  So not such a coincidence as we all love South East Asian Cuisine!

3 out of the six people were driving and no one stayed out very late.  I gave one of the girls a lift home as it wasn't much out of my way, and more to the point I liked the company getting out of Manchester and knew where I was going once I'd dropped her off!  I really would so much prefer to travel by public transport for a night out in Manchester.

I was shattered when I got in and went straight to bed.  Sunday was a quiet day.  I had a long lie in, made brunch.  Went to Mum and Dad's.  Got some groceries.

Busy day in work today.  A new guy started.  He sits opposite me, but I was hardly at my desk today.  I first met him over 15 years ago!  Time flies.  We know a lot of people in common, but they are all people I haven't seen for years.

Went to Ikea on my way home tonight and had their meatballs and chips!  Not part of my diet plan, I was hungry though!  I walked round for nearly 2 hours after that.  I bought some battery operated Christmas lights, I'm excited to light them up!


No comments:

Post a Comment