Friday 22 November 2013

Early start for me today.  It was a beautiful autumn day, clumps of golden leaves were still clinging to the trees, the sky was a cloudless expanse of blue, traffic was light and I was in work before 8.15, well I felt I had to be really.  I was leaving early to take my dad for a hospital appointment.  He's ok, in case you were wondering.  
I felt a tiny wave of sadness when I turned into my road and BBE's car wasn't outside my house.  I put the dishes away that I'd left to dry on the drainer, including BBE's espresso cup it never goes away as he uses it everyday and it gets put back by the Presso machine.  The Presso machine is an elegant little device that allows you to make a fresh espresso coffee with very little fuss or mess.  It's now sold as ROK, it is easily the best, or at least the most used present that I have ever bought for BBE.  I put the heating on for Tigi cat before going back to Mum and Dad's.  We had a chippy tea, I left most of the batter and didn't eat many chips, honest!
Mum is highly sceptical of on-line grocery shopping preferring to go out and select her own produce two to three times a week, and why not!  It's good to be out and active, and it's sociable too as Mum often goes out with her sister, but it can be difficult to carry lots of heavy shopping home on the bus...  I spent a good two hours doing an internet shop for us to collect from the store tomorrow.  This is somewhat of a compromise in that we can still go out to pick it up in store, and hand pick a few bits whilst we are there.  If it's a success it won't take as long next time! 
So although I didn't get to the gym tonight and my diet was sent slightly off kilter, it was a cosy night in with the folks and time well spent. x

No comments:

Post a Comment