Wednesday 20 November 2013

So....I said Bon Voyage to my boyfriend this morning and left for work.  Let's just call him BBE from here on in.  I was a little reluctant to leave the house but fortunately my journey this morning was quite swift.  Only 50 minutes or so.  Whilst fully concentrating on my driving a few more ideas of Things To Do over the next two weeks came to me.  

  • Take a Dance Class
  • Go to the Cinema
  • See Friends
  • Go to the Christmas Markets

I wouldn't say that I am happy about BBE leaving me alone but I am excited that I might get round to some of the things that I always mean to do! 
Tigi cat may find it odd that BBE is missing, he is very good at giving her the love and attention she demands, whilst I perform the more mundane tasks of feeding, grooming, cleaning out the litter tray and taking her to the vets as required.
I expected to come back to a cold dark house but BBE had thoughtfully left the heating on and a bottle of red wine open to breathe for when I got in.   "When I got in" turned out to be quarter past eight, I stayed in work a bit later than I have recently, stopped at Asda for Cat Litter and ended up with a small trolley full of groceries.  Popped in to see my mum and dad before finally arriving home.  I set Masterchef to record and set about making something to eat for myself.

I have to admit that BBE does most of the cooking, it's not that I can't, he's just in earlier.  You get out of practice though, and lose a bit of confidence when you don't cook often.  Thus my first challenge was keeping up the standard of evening meal I had become accustomed too.  I think I did a pretty good job of chicken leg with chilli and garlic, roast cherry tomatoes, steamed green beans and low fat oven cooked chips. (also known as Slimming World chips!)  I've finally purchased a Chip and Dice from Lakeland and some Fry Light and I am making chips as often as I am allowed...which may be a bit more over the next two weeks.

Hopefully future evenings will be more productive than this first one!  x


No comments:

Post a Comment